Monday, July 8, 2013

Slow Down!



"Be still and know that I am God." 
-Psalm 46:10

Our world moves far to fast. We are constantly plugged in to everyone and everything- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, YouTube, Vimeo, Netflix, text messaging, snap chat.... the list goes on and on. We get in the car, and immediately turn on the radio, iPod, Pandora, Spotify, or CD. The noise never stops. I have found that rarely is there a time where I am truly unplugged, disconnected from the world.

It's good to slow down. To breathe. To smell the mountain air. It's hard to do that in the middle of Dallas though. I did something really refreshing the other day. I went on a walk, leaving my phone behind at home. I just walked through the trails that surround our apartment, with no set destination or agenda. I watched the turtles, squirrels, and ducks. I listened to the crickets. I just spent time talking with the Lord. It was great. I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Unplug. Relax. Slow down!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment