Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Gospel


Woe to me, I am a slave,
Lost and lonely, soul depraved,
Iniquity I surely love,
Which separates from God above.

Swallowed up by lusts and pride,
Sin and guilt I cannot hide,
Punishment for me awaits,
To usher me to Hades gates.

But suddenly I hear and see,
Love’s sweet calling beckon me,
Hallelujah! Savior, Christ!
He comes for me, to pay my price.

Stripped and beaten, mocked and scorned,
All my wicked He adorned,
Nailing sin upon the tree,
All so God would pardon me.

For He the wrath of God absorbed,
On He God’s cup of hate was poured,
On Him was laid the weight of sin
So man could be with God again.

Dead and buried, my sweet King,
Swiftly my release He brings,
Chains of guilt He now has broke,
Sin in me He has revoked.

Then three days later, Glory lives!
Raised from the grave to shine again,
Overcoming sin and death,
Christ resurrected gives me breath!

All praise to Christ, the sovereign Lord,
He paid for what I can’t afford,
Now clothed in rightness not mine own,
The blood of Christ for me atoned.

Surely not for good in me,
His blood is but my only plea,
My only hope on Him is lain,
Be reconciled to God again

But what could ever prompt the King,
Step off His throne and rescue me?
Because He loves me, this I know,
And died for me, His love to show 

No comments:

Post a Comment