Friday, September 20, 2013

Diversity



Every day, I am struck by something I find quite beautiful, and that is the diversity that each of my Crossfit classes provides. We have men and women, 20 somethings and 60 somethings, rich and not so rich, singles and marrieds, parents and kids, black and white, soccer moms and semi-elite athletes, and everything in between. There are not many places where that broad of a spectrum of people will all gather together in one room to share a common interest. Crossfit is wonderful because it brings people from all backgrounds and walks of life and unites them. I am continually amazed at the parallels that come to mind between Crossfit and the Kingdom of God, for Crossfit is not the only place that unites different people groups.

As I sat in my home group this last week, I was reminded that the foot of the cross is level ground, and that in Christ people are united in brotherhood from both near and far. If it were not for a mutual love and adoration of Christ, I most likely never would have ended up in a room with those 12 guys. The spectrum broadens even more dramatically when we take a view of the church (local) and infinitely more when we remember the Church (universal). Our God is truly a God of wonder and compassion, for He adopts into His family people of all cultures, colors, nationalities, and backgrounds. He loves the prostitutes just the same as He loves the pastors. He has no preference in ethnicity. It is a beautiful thing, and it makes me yearn for the day when all things are made new and brought to completion in Christ Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment